• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1851 Navy or 1861 Navy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nmdd said:
I think some things just look right....a Harley is what a motorcycle should look like, and a 1851 Navy Colt just looks right for a pistol to me... :thumbsup:
Amen! :hatsoff:

:grin: I grew up with and always liked the 58 Rem and 650 Triumphs personally, Harley's always handled like fat slobs comparatively speaking! Had a cousin with a 64 Sportster I rode a bit. :rotf:
Wish I had kept my 65 Triumph now. MD

Well it would be a pretty dull place if we all liked the same thing.... :hatsoff:

Ain't nothing wrong with Triumphs either, except the electronics in the older bikes. :wink:

That's why you rip all the Lucas "Prince of Darkness" parts out, except the alternator, add a volt pack, and wire it to use a Harley coil. 750 Tigers RULE!

Use to ride to the range with a rifle on the bars, and an ASM 3rd Model Dragon on my hip.

CP

I got some odd looks hauling a rifle back on my Dyna, from a gun shop about 65 miles away. At least nobody cut me off. :youcrazy:

I had a friend back in high school that had one of those beezers....441 Shooting Star...talk about a thumping one lunger... :rotf:

:eek:ff :redface:

Now, dog on it!
This topic is about the 1851 and 1861 Navy, not motorcycles, speaking of which, my Royal Enfield 500cc thumper has over 8600 miles on it now and its still going strong.
In fact, the further it goes the smoother and better it gets. :eek:ff :)

If it's of any help, I sold my '51 & bought a '58, but only because I couldn't find a '61.
I also regularly rode a 1944 BSA M21, before the 'import folks told me I couldn't import it to the US when we moved here. I'll never forgive them for that :(
Harley Davidson have a slogan saying that 98% of all Harleys ever made are still on the road....... we always used to say that that just meant that only 2% of the damn things got home!

Zonie - Do you have one of the "new" reintroduced ones, back in the 90's I think?

Those things are so darn cute!I was going to get one about 10 years ago but things came up where the money wasn't there. In fact, pretty soon all my guns weren't there for the same reason.

Anyway, if I do get a bike before I get too old thatwill probably be the one.

It is worthy of note that the London models are all steel and are the only ones without that weird "Pietta tail" on the grip frame. Closer to the originals but I admit that mine is not quite as comfortable as my other sixguns with the same grip profile. Appears to be due more to the grips than the grip frame.

If I was going to get a 36 I would go with the 1851 in 44 I would get the 1860! There is 2 cents worth free! Geo. T.

Believe me, the 1860 Army .44 is already on the brain, just a matter of how much time will elapse before I get it.

My 1861 Navy hasn't gotten to me yet and I almost just went ahead and bought the Army this morning. But I told myself that was just a bit too crazy. I mean, I haven't even gotten the .36 and shot it yet, I still don't even know if I'll like these BP revolvers or not.

Somebody quick! Tell me it makes more sense to wait until I get the 1861 and use it before buying the 1860 Army.

I'll probably buy it by the end of this week, right?

Ok, Marc, you are unstable and in need of psychological help when it comes to acquiring cap-n-ball hand guns! It is my professional arm chair opinion on things mental that you should definitely not buy a 60 clone in .44 caliber as it will probably tip you permanently over the edge from the added concussion, smoke and recoil! This is not healthy for you,just look at all the brain damage all the rest of us have suffered with our safes, closets and under the bed storage spaces littered with like guns and accessories.
This is absolute testimony to the danger you are subjecting yourself to and I feel duty bound to warn you of the potential consequences.
Did I convince you? :rotf: MD

OK! No sooner did I write the last post and I was on the site where I bought my 1861 Navy. Guess what? The 1860 was NOW OUT OF STOCK!

So I went to Midway, knowing what was going to happen, but when I saw that they were available I couldn't help it.

They were even $20 cheaper/ So I ordered one, some wads and some ball.

BLANG! All three items are RESTRICTED to send to me in Massachusetts.

F*** Midway! I swore I'd never do business with them again after being refused the brass and now I REALLY won't do any business with them.

So I'll just wait for it to be back in stock at the good place that served me with sanity.

ps - Oh, and by the way, the lubed WADS were restricted items as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back