• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1851 .36 cal navy, pietta

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ordered the revolver about three or four weeks ago from DGM. Woman said it'd be six weeks for delivery. My credit card took the hit for the proper amount today. Guess they are going to ship real soon. Good news.

I just got a navy sheriff model .36, its the first c&b that has shot right on at 25yd. All my others shot 10"-12" high at 25yd, it was a nice surprise. Good luck,and enjoy!

I ordered one from DGW a couple of weeks back. No rush on it but I'm antsy to get it in hand.

Got the ups shipping notice and it's supposed to be delivered today. Tuesday, 4-6-21. By the way, what size balls work best in the .36 cal navy?

I use 0.380 balls. I have measured the chamber mouths on my 36 caliber revolvers and most measure very close to 0.375", so the 0.380" diameter ball is the one I use. Early on I had bad experiences with ill shaped balls resulting in frequent chain fires. While the chain fires didn't hurt my revolver, i found shooting with the proper fitting balls and caps with the result of no chain fires to be much more enjoyable.

Ordered the revolver about three or four weeks ago from DGM. Woman said it'd be six weeks for delivery. My credit card took the hit for the proper amount today. Guess they are going to ship real soon. Good news.
Yeah, I ordered a complete spare lock for my Pedersoli Bess from them and it took a month to arrive. It got here last night at about 1830 hours. It looks good. Kinda weird to see a frIzzen with no flint marks on it, yet.

DGW's been hit hard, between COVID-19 and the high demand for most anything guns.

So, yes, DGW's been slow in processing orders - but in the end, they're still delivering the goods.

DGW great. If they have what you need they will tell you they have it and will tell you how long it will take to get it to you. If they don't have it they will tell you that too so you don't live with angst. They're good people and do what they say they will do.

Back