• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED 1841 Mississippi rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I merged the two threads into this one. Now, let's please get back to getting dietera4 the gun he wants to buy. :)

I have a Zoli Zouave, in very good condition, with new sights put on ready to zero. I also have a mold for roundballs, and some Minie balls to go with it, and a range rod. Bore is perfect, blue is great, just a few dings from honest use,. $500 shipped to you with the accesorys shipped also, pm me for pics if interested with a PH# or email.

I have a Zoli Zouave, in very good condition, with new sights put on ready to zero. I also have a mold for roundballs, and some Minie balls to go with it, and a range rod. Bore is perfect, blue is great, just a few dings from honest use,. $500 shipped to you with the accesorys shipped also, pm me for pics if interested with a PH# or email.
Thanks for the offer. I just purchased Zoli Zouave for $400. I am still looking for a Mississippi rifle.

It's not N-SSA.com but instead is N-SSA.org. Looking at their for sale and trade forum at least 3 Mississippi rifles have been listed and sold in the last 3 weeks. These have usually been de-farbed and made more to spec than a stock Italian repros. I saw one that listed for as low as $750 which sold the same day it was listed. However, to get posting access to the forum you will probably have to join the N-SSA and that requires a fee of $80 for a year's individual membership. At the end of a year, you have to have found a team to join to continue your membership.

Still, it might be worth the $80 to still score a used model at an attractive price.

Pedersoli is the only company still making these and they sell for around $1150 new on Gunbroker.com. However, they are in .58 cal rather than the historical .54 cal. used during the Mexican war. Dixie carries both calibers as made by Pedersoli. I'm guessing Dixie had the .54 calibers made especially for them by Pedersoli since they're $100 more than the .58 cal. Of course, most surviving Mississippi rifles were rebored to .58 when it became the standard musket caliber for the US military so that's the way one finds most originals.

Cheers

It's not N-SSA.com but instead is N-SSA.org. Looking at their for sale and trade forum at least 3 Mississippi rifles have been listed and sold in the last 3 weeks. These have usually been de-farbed and made more to spec than a stock Italian repros. I saw one that listed for as low as $750 which sold the same day it was listed. However, to get posting access to the forum you will probably have to join the N-SSA and that requires a fee of $80 for a year's individual membership. At the end of a year, you have to have found a team to join to continue your membership.

Still, it might be worth the $80 to still score a used model at an attractive price.

Pedersoli is the only company still making these and they sell for around $1150 new on Gunbroker.com. However, they are in .58 cal rather than the historical .54 cal. used during the Mexican war. Dixie carries both calibers as made by Pedersoli. I'm guessing Dixie had the .54 calibers made especially for them by Pedersoli since they're $100 more than the .58 cal. Of course, most surviving Mississippi rifles were rebored to .58 when it became the standard musket caliber for the US military so that's the way one finds most originals.

Cheers
Thank you for the help.

" Of course, most surviving Mississippi rifles were rebored to .58 when it became the standard musket caliber for the US military so that's the way one finds most originals."

That's interesting. Didn't know that. Thanks.

Rick

Back