• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED 1841 Mississippi rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking?

Your posts do say explicitly that you want a used reproduction. If you would settle for a new reproduction, Dixie Gun Works has them in stock, in both the .58 and .54 caliber versions, for $1150 and $1250, respectively.

If you would consider a used original, Lodgewood Mfg. currently has two shootable originals in very good condition for $1750 - $1800, which I would consider very reasonable. If you have a price range in mind, it would be good to state it. If you are determined to have a used reproduction, they show up pretty often on GunBroker, Guns International, and GunsAmerica. Google is your friend.

There is nothing wrong with keeping your request here and bumping it back to the top periodically, as you have been doing. Something is bound to turn up eventually. However, " If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain." If you seriously want one of these, there are other places to look. If you aren't seeing what you want, maybe think about what you might be willing to accept. I think it would be helpful if you can give an idea regarding the amount you would be willing to spend, and exactly what you are looking for in terms of condition, caliber, and so forth.

I'm sure all of us here would like to help you find the rifle you want.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back