• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1841 Mississippi Rifle Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbama80

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone know of someone who can custom make a 1841 Mississippi Rifle stock? I’m trying to reproduce the confederate Dickson and Nelson rifle. They stock is modeled after the 1841 but it doesn’t have a patch box or the barrel band spring grooves. I’ve tried dunlapwood crafts but they appear to be out of business. Thanks for the help.

Dunlaps website is still up and they list the 1841. Military Stocks – Dunlap Woodcrafts

I got a stock blank from them a few months ago. Why do you think they went out of business?
I had been emailing with a guy named Daniel over there back before Thanksgiving. He said he could make my stock but then he stopped responding to all communications. I’ve emailed and called several times. I talked to David over at Lodgewood and he said that he hasn’t been able to get any stocks from them in awhile. I’ll try to call them again but I haven’t had any luck in previous attempts.

Back