• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE 1795 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is an original Springfield 1795 Type 3, dated 1812. The lock is dated 1813, but everything appears to be original to the gun as built to my eye. The barrel retains crisp proof marks, though the eagle on the lock is faded and barely visible. The US script acceptance mark on the lock is fairly crisp. Lock holds half and full cock, and did spark with flint. Bore looks excellent with zero visible pitting. There is a crack in the stock as shown in the pictures.

Asking $1500 shipped. If I am off on price, please feel free to make an offer. I am new here but can provide links to considerable feedback on other sites.

20201024_095036.jpg
20201024_095042.jpg
20201024_102820.jpg

I also have one that I routinely shoot with reduced BP, loads. no substitutes in it, only 1FG, BLACK. it is great bringing back these old war horses that one AMERICA!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back