• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED 1766 Charleville Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not want this WANTED thread to turn into a discussion about Indian made guns.

If you have a warning or some other information about various guns that you want the original poster (owner) of this thread to know about, send him a Private Message (Conversation) to give him your views.

Telling the OP that you have what he's looking for, or where he can get it, are the only proper responses in this thread

Smiling fox forge has bayonets that will fit the pedersoli with a little file work on the slots. Keep in mind the "66" pedersoli charleville is really a "63" model. The Navy Arms is closer to the "66" model. Much lighter. I'd hit up the facebook re-enactor sites ...you'll have better luck there finding a Navy Arms charleville.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a Miroku Charleville at the Tulsa gun show. Over the years I have owned 3 or 4, sold them all off. This one is my keeper. They are a well-made musket, but the stock is a two-piece stock which is joined under the lower barrel band. Don't let that discourage you. The weight of the Miroku is about 8.5 pounds. They are well-made and have held their value. Most of them bring around $800-$1000, sometimes less. They are in high demand, and old timers like me really appreciate them. I have owned India-made Charlevilles and a Pedersoli 1795, and I prefer the Miroku over either one of those. I suggest you take your time and look for a Miroku. You can get one of those for 1/2 of a Pedersoli, and they are not as heavy and chunky as a Pedersoli. I like Pedersoli, don't get me wrong. I have one of their 1816 muskets I bought nearly 30 years ago and still shoot it regularly. Miroku no longer makes parts, but I had a mainspring pop on my last one and thought I was out of business, but then I noticed that the mainspring in my repop Armi Sport 1842 seemed close, and when I plugged it in, it fit. Just a tiny, tiny bit short where it made contact with the tumbler, but it worked like a charm.

Miroku also made an 1808 Sringfield, which was a Charleville with some minor differences, particularly with lockplate stamps.

I bought a Charlieville on Gunbroker $650 last year (Pedersoli). Was in very good condition. You have to haunt GB daily to get a good price.

Back