• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 16 gauge jug choked

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKD

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just took this in trade, never fired. 44" Colraine jug choked(full) 16 gauge, Zorne lock (great shower of sparks) curley maple stock. $1,200.00
IMG_20210726_155724_kindlephoto-77462712.jpg
IMG_20210726_155820_burst_01.jpg
IMG_20210726_155842.jpg
IMG_20210726_155724_kindlephoto-77462712.jpg

Howdy, all,
The stock is really pretty. Someone got a nice gun.
I'm just learning about flintlocks, and I realize that, the more I learn, the more I don't know.
I see it's SPF, but, if you don't mind my asking, what style is it?
The curve at the top of the butt plate is different from the Lehigh rifles I'm interested in, so what type is it, or is it attributable to a particular maker or area?
Thanks to all that reply.
Brazos

Brazos,

While this item is SPF, I thought I would take a second to answer your question.

This fowler is a typical French Tulle style. Very interesting shape and nice lines. Lehigh's are thinner in the butt and have a "roman nose" shape.

Hope this helps. Give me a PM if you want to know more!
Best,
Allen

Latest posts

Back