• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was ruined partially by a dentist appointment this morning so while I waited I got stuck into leaf blowing and sweeping them. If we get south easterlies our back yard gets full of oak leaves!

The morning was dry but rain was forecasted for the afternoon.

Undeterred I grabbed the .45 smoothrifle.

We soon flushed a bird or two but one gave a simple shot at nearly thirty steps.

The 3/4oz of #5 downed it, the dog pegged it and I ended it.

We got a woody, a squirrel and a winged vermin. I missed one pigeon, a winged vermin (twigs and branches) and the squirrel needed a second shot to bring it down. 100%reliability.

Then the rain came and I pushed for home. I put a woodcock up today also which was nice.

Back in to a warm stove to dry kit.The gun was cleaned in ten minutes with just boiling water, rod and patches.

Off to cook a bird from last weekend now but this one is (I think) #13 this season.

B.

Today was ruined partially by a dentist appointment this morning so while I waited I got stuck into leaf blowing and sweeping them. If we get south easterlies our back yard gets full of oak leaves!

The morning was dry but rain was forecasted for the afternoon.

Undeterred I grabbed the .45 smoothrifle.

We soon flushed a bird or two but one gave a simple shot at nearly thirty steps.

The 3/4oz of #5 downed it, the dog pegged it and I ended it.

We got a woody, a squirrel and a winged vermin. I missed one pigeon, a winged vermin (twigs and branches) and the squirrel needed a second shot to bring it down. 100%reliability.

Then the rain came and I pushed for home. I put a woodcock up today also which was nice.

Back in to a warm stove to dry kit.The gun was cleaned in ten minutes with just boiling water, rod and patches.

Off to cook a bird from last weekend now but this one is (I think) #13 this season.

B.

A pheasant at 30 steps with a .45 smoothie is some impressive shooting! Congrats on a great shot and some fine table fare, Brit! Oh, and as usual, your camera work is impeccable as well.

Unbelievable shooting. And such a mixed bag also. Are using about 50 grains or another amount?
Not sure on weight of powder but it has to be around that amount.

Thanks every one. Glad you enjoyed it.
Tastes goood.

IMG_20191122_181808034~2.jpg

A driven high pheasant especially if its an old cock bird with the wind in its tail is one of the most sporting shots for pheasants .
Feltwad

Back