• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 12Ga. Smoothbore Octagon to Round barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a group of muzzle loading barrels from an estate. Both rifled and smoothbore. All of the rifled barrels were Colerain. The smoothbores are commercial barrels with the same ground finish as Colerain but are not stamped. They are however quality barrels. I am going to list the ones I am not going to use for your consideration.

I have no idea what the person had in mind for this barrel. It is 1&3/8in at the breech and tapers to 1" at 20inches from the breech. Then it is turned round for 40in and tapers from 1in to .875in at the muzzle. That's right it is 60inches long overall. It is threaded 7/8in at the breech and has a partially shaped plug installed.
Anyway with a little work it could be made into a fowler or a trade musket. It is a quality barrel and a true .730 cal.
I am asking $110 which includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS. I prefer postal money order but personal checks are OK with a couple days to clear.
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back