• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED 12Ga double shotgun, percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Federal laws you can do with you want with a muzzle loader. However your state may have laws in place dealing with muzzle loaders. So the answer is check your state laws.t

edit to add I did do something close to what you are doing. I did 13" barrels but did not cut down stock much.

Last edited:
I have a CVA double 12 gauge kit. It’s not perfect. Someone tried to fit the locks with a rasp file.

My plan was to fit the locks with a fiberglass filler. Cover the repair with wet rawhide. Then create the patina of an old well used shotgun.

I would consider at trade for cap and ball. Preferred chooses are colt 1862 or Remington revolving carbine.

98A2BCEF-498A-48BE-9AD6-FC4F9E0F0D5F.jpeg
579BB3CC-199C-4513-BF6F-346DCAA82987.jpeg
3C4F9487-CE47-4872-AF27-7B47B516AA97.jpeg

I came across a W. Richards double barreled shotgun about a month ago at a barn sale. I don't know its gage but one side is mic'ed at .683 and .773 inches on the other at the opening of the barrel. All the parts are there and the barrels looks to be in fair-good shape. It is a functioning percussion shotgun. No cracks in the stock but there is a very slight dent on the right barrel and an almost un-noticeable ding on the other. Got kind of busy lately and this project fell by the way side. If I could get what I paid for it, plus shipping, I'd be happy to sell it. PM me if interested.

Cobra 6

I have a CVA double 12 gauge kit. It’s not perfect. Someone tried to fit the locks with a rasp file.

My plan was to fit the locks with a fiberglass filler. Cover the repair with wet rawhide. Then create the patina of an old well used shotgun.

I would consider at trade for cap and ball. Preferred chooses are colt 1862 or Remington revolving carbine.

View attachment 27513View attachment 27514View attachment 27515
I don't know what they where thinking but they needed their asses whooped. What where they trying to do? Crazy.
Anyway, PM incoming.

Back