• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD 12 bore Left Hand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eterry

70 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.
Here's the 12 guage the gentleman who helped me build my early Lancaster made.
He built this shotgun for a youngster who shot 4-H Trap.
It has a L&R left hand lock, very fast hammer time, picture of lock at full cock.
20201006_162108.jpg
20201006_162156.jpg
20201006_162250.jpg
The barrel is 28", chocked .700, which I believe is improved-modified. The barrel and tang is glass bedded.
The trigger guard is designed to keep from rapping for knuckles on long matches. A decelerator pad is on his hand carved pecan wood stock. He poured the nosecap.
This is a competition gun, no ramrod or thimbles.
The LOP is 12 1/2".
$550 to your door, friendly PayPal or MO.

20201006_162031.jpg
20201006_162047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like a shooter, though, all business and no frills. For competition, dove shooting, or even waterfowl, it looks like it would be hard to beat, paired with the right shooter... Maybe a gun for a left-handed lady, a smaller man, or youth. It could be loaded down to make recoil tolerable and shooting enjoyable for almost any size of shotgunner, especially with that Decelerator pad.

You don't really need a ramrod under the barrel if you are in a stationary position. A 5/8" hardwood dowel close at hand would do the trick.

I have no connection whatsoever with the seller, but I like practical guns and appreciate a good deal. Personally, I would need a right-handed version and maybe another 3/4" to an inch in the LOP. I hope somebody sees it. We all recognize the need to get young folks into shooting, to continue the traditions. So many new shooters get turned off by trying to work with cheap, junk guns. This one would get a new shooter started off right.

Good luck with your sale, eterry. I finally sold a couple of unmentionable revolvers a couple of months ago, on consignment, after they had lain in the dealer's showcase for three years. It may require patience!

Notchy Bob

Thanks for the endorsement.

I've shot the gun a few times. I was wearing a coat, so length wasn't a problem. I told someone I would install a bead on it if it helped it still. Ken's trained many young shooters not to use a bead, but im not one of them.

Over the years ken's made over 100 of these, as large as 8 gauge, small as 410.
I have a 10 bore underhammer he built, I'm hoping to slay a big Tom next month.

Your is very nicely done and would have drawn more interest, even as a lefty, but as you stated it was built for a youth. The LOP is so short an adult would have difficulty shooting it well.

Simple matter to add a thicker recoil pad or spacer , or both.
Really nice shotgun with an easy solution to add draw length. Somebody buy this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back