• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

#11 firing Cap problem ???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently bought four tins of CCI#11 Magnums from BPS online. Took them to the range yesterday. Five caps in a row failed to detonate. The nipple is in good condition. I have some older caps that worked just fine. In one of the tins, I found a little disc of go bang material.

Never experienced anything like this with CCI caps. Caps were 3 cents a few years back. Now they're 15 cents. That won't put anyone in the poor house.

But regardless of cost they need to work EVERY TIME. Spoke with BPS and they will issue a refund at a brick and mortar location.

Frustrating.

Last edited:
At least BPS offered an option, they told me to contact CCI. Which I have and they had me return the caps to their office.
Haven't heard back, that was last week.

At least BPS offered an option, they told me to contact CCI. Which I have and they had me return the caps to their office.
Haven't heard back, that was last week.
That's BS from BPS. A retailer is an ambassador for the products they sell. If a product fails, the retailer has an obligation to stand behind that product. Then the retailer needs to chew the tail off of the product manufacturer. To determine what the problem with the product is. As time goes by, more and more companies don't care about the quality of their product. They put out junk and we still buy it. Again, frustrating.

Recently bought four tins of CCI#11 Magnums from BPS online. Took them to the range yesterday. Five caps in a row failed to detonate. The nipple is in good condition. I have some older caps that worked just fine. In one of the tins, I found a little disc of go bang material.

Never experienced anything like this with CCI caps. Caps were 3 cents a few years back. Now they're 15 cents. That won't put anyone in the poor house.

But regardless of cost they need to work EVERY TIME. Spoke with BPS and they will issue a refund at a brick and mortar location.

Frustrating.
Out of curiosity what's the code number on the lid of the caps ?

Attachments

• IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    336.6 KB · Views: 0
These were the ones I was having some issues with, One out of six were not going off and it wasn’t a nipple problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back