• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

# 11 Caps available

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by my local gun shop here in Oneonta NY and nearly fainted when I looked at the price they had put on some #11 caps.....$24.95 for a tin of 100! Owner is a nice guy but his prices are often not the best in the area. He tried to sell the business a few years ago but the interested party could not get a SBA loan. He is often not in the store as he has another business that he has started so think he is trying to fund the new business off the profits of the gun shop.

CW

Nothing in South Texas. I doubt most employees even know what a cap is.

Nothing in Central Florida either. I called one of the Walmarts in my area and asked the guy in sporting goods if they had CCI #11 percussion caps in stock. He asked me what color I was looking for. 😧

I still have over 1500 of the 4000 Remingtons I bought from Walmart in 1989 for 4.99 a box. Gave 1000 to a friend.
Sorry, just my $0.02

I live in South West Tennessee near Memphis. I was in the local Walmart this afternoon and they had a good supply of CCI #11 Caps. I suspect most of the Walmarts either have them or will be getting them shortly for you guys that may not have any inventory. Good luck!
Ha! I live near big urban centers, you have to be out in the Sticks to find them at a Wally. When I go on a summer weekend trip soon, I'll make point to stop at a Wally if I see one in the country!

I have never used CCI caps so does the #10 fit the Slixshot and Pietta factory nipples?
The SliXshot nipples will be better sized for the #11 CCI caps. See the recommendation on their website.
https://www.slixprings.com/proddetail.php?prod=SliXshot-Black-Powder-Nipples
The Pietta factory nipples are most likely sized for a #10 nipple, but may be sized for a #11. This depends on the specific firearm. In that case the #10 Remmington which is almost the same size as the #11 CCI but with longer skirts would be a better fit or the RWS 1075 caps which are a little smaller than the CCI #11.

Buy a digital caliper. The inexpensive ones are accurate enough for our purposes and the ability to measure inside, outside and depth measurements is needed when searching for answers to many questions. If the top of the nipple measures about 0.155" then use #10 caps. If the measurement is about 0.165", then get the #11 caps.

The SliXshot nipples will be better sized for the #11 CCI caps. See the recommendation on their website.
https://www.slixprings.com/proddetail.php?prod=SliXshot-Black-Powder-Nipples
The Pietta factory nipples are most likely sized for a #10 nipple, but may be sized for a #11. This depends on the specific firearm. In that case the #10 Remmington which is almost the same size as the #11 CCI but with longer skirts would be a better fit or the RWS 1075 caps which are a little smaller than the CCI #11.

Buy a digital caliper. The inexpensive ones are accurate enough for our purposes and the ability to measure inside, outside and depth measurements is needed when searching for answers to many questions. If the top of the nipple measures about 0.155" then use #10 caps. If the measurement is about 0.165", then get the #11 caps.

Thanks, asking cause I have never used CCI and caps as you know are hit and miss finding them. I haven’t come across CCI locally but will buy them specially at the low Walmart price.

i went to the local bass pro shop today, they had #11 cci and remington. not many i got a can of each.

I was in two rural Walmarts today both had a black powder section. The pegs at the top right-hand side of the display were labeled for #11 caps but were empty. Price tag was $5 and change. As usual no one was available to know how often they get them in stock. They are not far from me so I guess I will keep checking when I can. The city stores around here do not have the B/P section at all.

I was in two rural Walmarts today both had a black powder section. The pegs at the top right-hand side of the display were labeled for #11 caps but were empty. Price tag was $5 and change. As usual no one was available to know how often they get them in stock. They are not far from me so I guess I will keep checking when I can. The city stores around here do not have the B/P section at all.
Ha! Van I did the same today....

Back