• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE 11 1/2+ sq ft of tanned elk leather - gone

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Curlee

32 Cal
Reaction score
11 1/2 sq ft of commercially tanned elk leather.

$120 shipped

Would use the leather as a partial trade on a vintage 50 caliber barrel, or a hand forged knife, cash to make it even.

I have 2 more pieces like this only larger, if someone is interested, price would have to be re-negotiated, and it would have to be in a trade for a barrel, or a knife.

Thanks
P3060002.JPG
P3070008.JPG

Jim

Howard;

I don't have a clue how it's tanned, it's soft, tanned by I think Ubers of Owatonna.

In woodworker terms, about 5/64ths of an inch.

Jim

Last edited:
Howard;

I don't have a clue how it's tanned, it's soft, tanned by I think Ubers of Owatonna.
It averages about 800 thousandths through out, with varying thicknesses on the edge. The edge ranges from 625-100 thousandths.
In woodworker terms, about 5/64ths of an inch.

Jim
You may want to edit your OP and bump the decimal point a little to the left. 5/64” is about .078 or 78 thousands, not 800. Easy typo to make, do it all the time myself.

Thanks Jim, it's thinner than I am looking for but I appreciate the reply. If your other pieces might be around twice that thick let me know, I am looking for a piece around that size or slightly bigger.

Thanks, Howard.

I'd say the bulk of the hide is right around 80 thousandths.
There are some thicker, and thinner spots on the edge.

Jim

Back