• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 107mm Brass Coehorn Mortar Full Size Steel Lined

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Sale: Reproduction Full Size 107mm Coehorn Mortar, marked 1798, a G and Crown Stamping, with implements and necessary accessories for operation.

Location: Northwest Indiana, open to traveling 5 hours one way to deliver it.

Price: $3,000 but am open for offers.

Full brass construction with steel lined barrel and chamber, chamber just over 2 inches in length. Mortar and mount certainly weigh 110-130 pounds at least. Barrel has "Black Powder Only M. ARG." on it. M. ARG. would be the only indicator of maker but I can't find any traces of who that was. Trunnions are in good shape with one small bend to the left trunnion, which has had no affect on operation.

Mount was custom made with steel fittings, every board was glued and screwed together with carriage bolts all the way through that the carrying chains and loops attach to. Completed in July of 2021 and used at one event. Very confident the mount will stand live firing but haven't had the chance to try it.

Worm, Sponge, and Rammer were selected are properly sized. Sponge is more basic with hard foam on this inside, a sock pulled across, and a ziptie tightened into a cut recess. Given how sponges give out, this set up allows it to be changed often during usage.

Custom linstock made to be shorter for this piece.

Bucket is flexsealed to be water tight for the sponge.

Gloves, thumb venthole cover, touchhole pick, touchhole brush, match, and fuse included.

Thick rods are included to put through the carrying chain loops for easier maneuvering.

Footage of test firing and reenactment usage here.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3XnVkfNgcc8
Feel free to ask questions!

Full Set.jpg
Markings .jpg
Bore and Chamber.jpg
Closeup.jpg
Linstock.jpg
Rammer.jpg
Worm.jpg

Barrel Up.JPG

Attachments

• Sponge.jpg
    Sponge.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Worm.jpg
    Worm.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 8
Is that a seam in the steel liner i see in pic?

Could the 107 be the weight in hundred weight?

Have you measured the bore size?

Thanks

Is that a seam in the steel liner i see in pic?

Could the 107 be the weight in hundred weight?

Have you measured the bore size?

Thanks

That is indeed a welded seam and the bore measures to 4.2 inches! The 107 has MM behind it. Measuring it by hand and calculating a 107mm bore to inches I am sure the 107mm is the bore size and not the weight. Please let me know what you think

Latest posts

Back