• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

100 yard Ruger old army plinking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You boys better get on over to our postal match contest and post up some targets! Competition's kind of stiff because some of them boys are walking bench rests. LOL But he prizes are just bragging rights, so there's very little risk.
Where do we find the postal match, that sounds like fun?

You boys better get on over to our postal match contest and post up some targets! Competition's kind of stiff because some of them boys are walking bench rests. LOL But he prizes are just bragging rights, so there's very little ris
You boys better get on over to our postal match contest and post up some targets! Competition's kind of stiff because some of them boys are walking bench rests. LOL But he prizes are just bragging rights, so there's very little risk.

I’ll go over and check that out !

Interesting. But, at that range, isn't it more like lobbing than aiming?
Actually no. Both guns shoot about 6 inches high at 25 yards with my target load of 20 grains. I loaded them with 25 grains and just aimed at the top of the plate at 100. I shot at it a bunch today. Don’t ask where it hits lol. As long as I hear a ding I’m happy!

Very nicely done ! Great range too.

Where did you get the statue of the soldier ? 😎😎😎
That statue has a story behind it. A friend of mine is part owner in a concrete statue place. They have all kinds of statues and planters. I had already bought a Sasquatch statue from him and had them paint it. I had saw that confederate statue the day they brought it in. It was like $350. I liked it but I’d just bought the Sasquatch. I told him I’d have to debate on the confederate soldier. About three days later he called me and told me to come get that soldier. I told him I didn’t really want to spend another $350 right now. He then said that he was going to give it to me for free. His place sits on a very busy street. Someone had spotted that soldiers CS belt buckle and was spreading all kinds of BS on his business Facebook page and making calls to the business insinuating everyone there was racist and making threats. He was afraid to leave it on his lot. I took three buddies with me and we loaded that fella up. That thing is HEAVY!! A bunch of liberal Karen’s gifted me that statue.

I am currently reading Drawn With the Sword by James M McPherson. For a bit more insight I suggest you all read chapter 3.. the whole book is very interesting so far but chapter 3 is a doozy.

I’ve been playing around all day. Finally got a chance to play with a Pietta dance brothers I bought a few months ago. Loaded the chambers up with 20 grains of Goex 3F and 20 grains of cream of wheat and .457 cast balls. This is the virgin group I got out of this gun at 25 yards from a rest. I’m kind of scratching my head because this group is as good or better than the groups I was shooting earlier with my old army. This Pietta is straight out of the box. I’m moving forward with further study on this one!!View attachment 209389View attachment 209390View attachment 209392
Any problem with the caps falling off?

Thanks tree man , I also didn't know they shot that well ..
I'm going to try mine , with similar load ..
I just made a 100 yard gong ...in my back yard

if it's repeatable its aiming.
Actually, when I made my post I had forgotten a steel silhouette match I went to once using my .44 mag. unmentionable. On my first try I hit one of five sheep at 200 meters. Felt kinda cocky after that. No prior practice, I just calculated my estimated hold from ballistic tables before hand. So, color me wrong. :mad:

my first ever shot with a .44mag my friend came by with a Redhawk. he offered me a shot so I dinged the windy road sign 200m down the road from my cabin. it was one of the yellow ones set in diamond formation with a curvy arrow on it. I had that thing ranged pretty good for a single shot .22 rifle and most likly had it ranged for my .357 Security six as well.

Actually, when I made my post I had forgotten a steel silhouette match I went to once using my .44 mag. unmentionable. On my first try I hit one of five sheep at 200 meters. Felt kinda cocky after that. No prior practice, I just calculated my estimated hold from ballistic tables before hand. So, color me wrong. :mad:
Perfect time to quit shooting…

That statue has a story behind it. A friend of mine is part owner in a concrete statue place. They have all kinds of statues and planters. I had already bought a Sasquatch statue from him and had them paint it. I had saw that confederate statue the day they brought it in. It was like $350. I liked it but I’d just bought the Sasquatch. I told him I’d have to debate on the confederate soldier. About three days later he called me and told me to come get that soldier. I told him I didn’t really want to spend another $350 right now. He then said that he was going to give it to me for free. His place sits on a very busy street. Someone had spotted that soldiers CS belt buckle and was spreading all kinds of BS on his business Facebook page and making calls to the business insinuating everyone there was racist and making threats. He was afraid to leave it on his lot. I took three buddies with me and we loaded that fella up. That thing is HEAVY!! A bunch of liberal Karen’s gifted me that statue.
20230325_154102.jpg

I hope people Copy and Save this Emoji to use as needed 😃🤠

Back