• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

#10 caps ?? Are they available

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannonman1

36 Cl.
Reaction score
It seems that the standard suppliers don't have them and anyone who does is a scam!! Is there any source for percussion caps that is reliable. I refuse to pay the Gunbroker scalper prices. I know this topic is probably worn but just wanted to test the current waters.

Spotty, only one shop left in my area that carries them and they've been out for a while, was getting on wait lists from interwebs places I buy from. Get ready for the all the folks to tear ya down because they don't have trouble finding them and can't fathom why everyone isn't like them.

Correction. I bought one of those kits to start making my own. Been making the caps here and there to build up a supply to finish making them once my supply of factory ones runs out.

Looks like making my own is a good option. I have reviewed the videos and I will try that. Eventually it is probably how we will all do it.

Looks like making my own is a good option. I have reviewed the videos and I will try that. Eventually it is probably how we will all do it.
There is another recent thread about making your own. Plenty of good tips in it like folding the can over to double the thickness. From my early experience it does make a better more uniform cap. I was having to discard several doing it in a single sheet no matter which method I tried for forming them. Probably won't get around to making the mix and finishing them till the summer heat drives me inside. When I ordered mine there was no wait, had it in 3 days.

But even the cheesy CCI caps can be better than no caps at all. Unless these are the cheesy CCI caps that have a problem with the priming compound falling out. Then a drop of Duco plastic cement will glue the escaped priming compound in place. All the fun o making your own percussion caps without the tools.

But even the cheesy CCI caps can be better than no caps at all. Unless these are the cheesy CCI caps that have a problem with the priming compound falling out. Then a drop of Duco plastic cement will glue the escaped priming compound in place. All the fun o making your own percussion caps without the tools.
I just bought musket nipples n musket caps

Latest posts

Back