• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1 for 5

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juniata

40 Cal
Reaction score
I got 5 shots at rabbits off my hounds in a short two hour hunt this morning.
2 of them were about out of range till I got the shot off but the others was just me being me, not able to connect on a running target.
I have shot clays with my trade gun, and done real good on paper targets with roundball, even the woodswalk placed very well.
Daggonit! these rabbits though! I just can't connect! I have fun trying. The last rabbit I missed on the jump but the hounds circled it back around and I got a shot at it hoppin' along.
Another one bites the dust to my homemade black powder anyhow.
PXL_20230121_150104649.jpg

I’m the same way Brian!! LOL!! I struggle with the real live thing when it’s moving!!
Glad you were out having fun with your dogs and trade gun!!

I got 5 shots at rabbits off my hounds in a short two hour hunt this morning.
2 of them were about out of range till I got the shot off but the others was just me being me, not able to connect on a running target.
I have shot clays with my trade gun, and done real good on paper targets with roundball, even the woodswalk placed very well.
Daggonit! these rabbits though! I just can't connect! I have fun trying. The last rabbit I missed on the jump but the hounds circled it back around and I got a shot at it hoppin' along.
Another one bites the dust to my homemade black powder anyhow.
View attachment 192031
Lead the rabbits 2feet! This will cover 30 to 40 Yards on a rabbit in high gear respectfully depending on your load?

Back