• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1/24 Brooke 6.4" rifled cannon models

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just put a pair of .50 caliber Brooke 6.4" two band rifled cannon on order. They are steel smooth bore & fully functional. Can a 1/24 model of the CSS Albemarle be in my future?

my Boss still says "NO" not just no! still working on her!
i have miles of river to defend!
20220926_181014.jpg

Well it sounds like you will be in command of the waters in your area.
Will need a picture of your two new cannons to see the armament.
Good luck with them.

wow!!!! you really need to work on her. you deff needs a cannon. my boss says i need 1, but just not yet.....lol
anymore when i bring up the extreme "need" for a cannon, the bride responds with that distinct sound, you know, the one caused by air traveling through a nose at mach 1! very similar to the sound of a disturbed whitetail.

anymore when i bring up the extreme "need" for a cannon, the bride responds with that distinct sound, you know, the one caused by air traveling through a nose at mach 1! very similar to the sound of a disturbed whitetail.
You need to read Patrick McManus "Gunrunning" excellent primer on how to get it past the wife.

I just put a pair of .50 caliber Brooke 6.4" two band rifled cannon on order. They are steel smooth bore & fully functional. Can a 1/24 model of the CSS Albemarle be in my future?
I screwed up. When working out the scale, I went down, not up - a .50 bore for a 6.4" gun works out to a scale of 1/12, not 1/24. Actually the .50 bore is a bit oversize for the 9 & 58" long barrels so I may compromise on a scale of 1/16. Looks like a trailer may be in my future as well

my Boss still says "NO" not just no! still working on her!
i have miles of river to defend!View attachment 164635
Unfortunately you asked permission first. Now you will have to wait for it.
If it had just shown up? Well generally they can only stay angry for so long. Although I once had a woman friend who was a world record holder.

Sure wish I’d bought one years ago. A 1” would be plenty to play with and here at the camp there’s no one to bother. But too late, too late.

Edit: I took the time to look at what DGWs has now. They have 2 or 3 with an 1 1/2” - 1 3/4” bores for under a $1,000. Maybe one day.

Last edited:
Back