• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1/10 scale 1779 - 24 pounder build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes/Tex said:
41 more and you got a friggin' frigate! :thumbsup: :wink: :haha:

Come to think of it, 39 more and 6 carronades! That'd be a freakin' friggin' frigate! :doh: :rotf:

I see the carronades disappeared around 1850, after rifled barrels were introduced. Well, another 39 of these and my wife would disappear.

Thanks Wes, Paul.

Oh yeah, the carronade was a limited use weapon. Called "smashers" by the Royal Navy, they were great for chunking 24 to 42 pound balls and canister at French quarter decks to thin the herd among officers and guys at the wheel...that had to be a fun job! :wink:

Musketeer Von Blunderbuss said:
Velocity said:
The fit is good, the conversion from inches to mm has been the worst as I get fractions that become a little guess work.

I hate fractions. :cursing: One of the downsides of us sticking to the old Imperial system. Metric is definitely a lot easier to work with.

I love the coppery hue of that PB1 bronze. Really beautiful. :bow:

Many thanks again Musketeer, metric would have saved a lot of time, You can't change aviation into metric, that's the real problem.

Hi all.

My cannon barrel was proofed on Saturday at the S.A. Miniature Cannon Club. The final shot was 60gr with two, 127gr balls in the barrel.

I did not take photos, I was in a flat spin!!!!

I will send more when the carriage is complete.

Regards Paul.

Hi all, I'm back, I lost my mom and it's been a harsh time, I had a heart attack, I have recovered fully. Thanks again for all the compliments, I fired it 5 times this last Sunday, and I'm very happy, I'll send some images and footage when I can. Dave, I lost everything with my computer blowing up!!!It would be nice to chat again.

Regards Paul.

Back