• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

“Texas” Flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and now we know the rest of the story!!, thank you ZONIE, AND Robert an saa fan.

Notchy Bob - The pictures above are not my own flasks although I do have three of the cylindrical flasks.

I believe the cylindrical flasks were made by a fellow named Dangelzer. Think they came with four or more different embossed designs or attached emblems. My three are all different. Will try to post some pictures after I can get to my secure storage.

My memory is Dixie Gun Works sold these Dangelzer flasks in the 1960's, 1970's, etc. Do not know if other retailers sold these. Mine were bought used at gun shows.

A gun show acquaintance was offered the chance to take over production many years ago. He declined and the maker eventually went out of business.

The wire springs for the spout valve are very good quality and rarely break.
Thanks!

That is a nice-looking and practical flask. I don't much care for the ones that have the huge company logo engraved on the side, but the eagle is appealing. Also, comments about the flask head and valve mechanism were appreciated. Not all of them are created equal.

Much obliged,

Notchy Bob

Back