• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What might I have

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the sling was a later addition, the rifle has the look of one somebody put together perhaps for match shooting. The sights, and heftiness of the stock leans me that way. might want to pull the barrel and see if any other markings on the bottom flat.

That little piece at the 45 angle is a little lever that you flip back and forth to tighten or loosen the aperture for adjustment.

That's awesome. Due to my eyesight, I would very much like to make a peep sight similar to that. Good, suitable, durable peeps like that are almost non-existent. I have at least one other ML that really needs one.

You have yourself a very unique muzzleloader there. You did good!

Last edited:
Would have been an easy lockplate to inlet. Lots of room all around the working parts. To me, the hardest part of inletting a lock is when the tumbler or sear is right on the edge of the lockplate. Dicey to get a clean inlet there without getting into the cavity for the moving part.

I picked this muzzleloader up last week from auction. It's a 50 caliber with a 32" barrel with a nice bore.. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on what I have. I'm guessing it is a one off custom build? There is no maker's name on the barrel but has AEP015 stamped in it. The front sight appears hand made and possibly the rear peep sight. I think the trigger guard is also hand made. I have never seen a lock plate this style so wondering if it is also hand made. While not built by a master builder, whoever built it didn't do too bad of a job.
View attachment 229045View attachment 229046View attachment 229047View attachment 229048View attachment 229049
I believe you're right! If it quacks like a duck...or shoots well, great! Give it a new life!

Back