• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

trigger guard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Target pistol bult from various parts. I cannot hold this comfortably at all. I bought the trigger guard it was a sand cast piece, and it looks great but my finger wont fit. Womans finger fits just fine but it is for me. Thinking of trying to enlarge it. Somehow. Anybody ever do that? Or maybe move it ahead, think the trigger will hit the back . Either that or get one from a fowler or something. Dont want to sell it because it has an NOS repro W. Parker barrel.
IMG_3344.JPG

you could anneal the brass and try to reshape it to give you a bit more room. you will likely have to refinish the part to remove any new tool marks you put in it.

you used to be able to get pistol guards with bigger bows than that, but as parts suppliers are drying up....

I have cut down and silver soldered guards back together to make them smaller. I would think it tricky, but possible, to make a guard bigger by soldering in a piece cut from another guard.

The other alternative to cast your own, but that is a whole other skill set to learn and supplies to purchase.....

You could find a small rifle trigger guard wide enough and long enough to cover the inlets in the stock and cut it down to size then anneal, file and bend to shape. That is what I did on this one because the original pistol guard I ordered was too small for my finger. I just had to cut off the rear portion of this one and bend the remaining curve to shape of the pistol grip. There is finger room now and the trigger does not hit the back of the guard.
IMG_3489.JPG

Last edited:
Back