• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting the Pedersoli KY .32. Good day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. load it with what it shoots well.
And the higher velocity has to be shooting flatter.
I should try it at 100, just to see what it drops. Might have to go to a bigger target than a 6" circle...

Beautiful day here today with a slight breeze.
Just right.

Two weeks ago were our hot and muggy weeks. I'm sure we'll get more of them.

BTW, PA stands for Pennsylvania.
Geez all this time i was told Pa stood for Pine area ! Never know you may have had a horse fly hitch a ride on the prb to cause those fliers. Shoot on stick its working your way. I made antler measure yesterday for my .40 at 30 gr charge. I will start with that n go up if i need to for Bushytail hunting. Waiting on my peep sight to come in next week,

I usually start using the grains=caliber method and work my way up. Then back off, or decide like I did with this gun, that I can't do any better by increasing another 5 grains.

But I did start with 20gr for this gun just because it seemed a popular choice amongst other shooters.

If I shot a tighter PRB combination I bet I could decrease my charge. But since it's a .32 and doesn't kick anyway, I like things right where they are. And the ease of loading.

Yep. load it with what it shoots well.
And the higher velocity has to be shooting flatter.
I should try it at 100, just to see what it drops. Might have to go to a bigger target than a 6" circle...
When sighting in my 32. (A TVM lancaster kit) . . . my coach, who won some NMLRA shoots, had me boosting my load grain by grain until the shot sound was more of a crack than a boom. That was 30 grains. I've heard a few others on this forum mention that, but not many.

Back when I started with a .32 I found nothing could beat 30 grains of Goex 3F under that little ball. Not long ago I tried 20 grns of Swiss 3F. The target just happened to be at about 22 yards from the firing line. I started firing and finally stopped at between 15 & 20 shots. There were two fliers and a ragged hole in the target.

Now the .36 also loved 30 grns of 3F. But after many trips to the range I found that 20 grns was just about as accurate as 30 grns.
DSC00492.jpg

Hanshi - I've read your stuff on .32 caliber years ago, you were a great help. My problem is I live in stinkin suburbia and don't have access to an outdoor rifle range . . . so I don't shoot as often as I want or should. If I did, I'd try less powder again. .. . I am slowly building a 40 caliber and will try various loads with it. But for what I have shot, I settled on 30 grains of Goex in my Rice barreled 32.

Back