• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping to California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy fellers. I'm selling a traditional .50 BP rifle and a person in Imperial Beach, CA is interested. Any of you know whether I can ship it straight to their house or if it would have to go to an FFL? I'm not familiar with that area and sure don't want to get it wrong. Thanks.

Personally I have sent some to commiefornia directly to the individual !See no evil speak no evil hear no evil. Seems like if its an ffl dealer in that state sending out then they need to send to an ffl regardless

Howdy fellers. I'm selling a traditional .50 BP rifle and a person in Imperial Beach, CA is interested. Any of you know whether I can ship it straight to their house or if it would have to go to an FFL? I'm not familiar with that area and sure don't want to get it wrong. Thanks.
Call a California 01 FFL and ask.

You'll find most of them helpful.

Yes you can ship by any means that will accept it I would suggest a very good strong box and insurance. USPS is fine for pistols, I do not know about rifles though. I live i n the Sacramento area of calif and have bought several pistols, three from private sellers and one from a commercial ,and all have been shipped by USPS with no problems. for a rifle I would suggest going to the Jim Kibler long rifles website for possible info, on shiopping and boxes , or maybe a call to him to purchase a box and some info.

Good luck to you in your endeavor;

Buzz

Yes you can ship by any means that will accept it I would suggest a very good strong box and insurance. USPS is fine for pistols, I do not know about rifles though. I live i n the Sacramento area of calif and have bought several pistols, three from private sellers and one from a commercial ,and all have been shipped by USPS with no problems. for a rifle I would suggest going to the Jim Kibler long rifles website for possible info, on shiopping and boxes , or maybe a call to him to purchase a box and some info.

Good luck to you in your endeavor;

Buzz
Thanks.

Back