• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle in "Patriot"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan

36 Cal.
Reaction score
What do we know about the rifle Mel Gibson uses in the film "Patriot"?

The Benjamin Martin rifles appears to me to be an early Virginia type, though I am not at all certain about this.
Bill Rooks will make you one for $3000. One can be seen at his website www.palongrifles.com

On the home page is a photo of Wes Studi (Magwa) with a rifle built by Bill Brooks.

TVM also sells an early Virginia model for $850.

The rifle was made by Frank House, brother to Herschel House.Early Virginia would me most nearly correct, but it has some strong Woodbury KY elements too. LOL.

Thanks all,
Thanks to your input,I have found the web sites that detailed the building of those guns. Fourteen hour days for ten weeks to meet filming schedules. Built two rifles and two pistols. Lotawork.

Type in CLA.com and hit enter....this takes you to the contemporary longrifle association....click on artisans and scroll down to Frank House....it gives a short blurb about the rifle in question. Hey, FlintTim...what does the "woodbury look" consist of...I live a bit upstream of the House boys.( before the "Barren" dumps in to the "Green" ay Woodbury....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back