• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Questions, is it just me but I get a ton of them by PM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I post a "how to" answer on the forum it is in great detail complete with pictures, nothing left out, I don't need to backtrack and add more details. Remember, I am not an experienced builder and cater to beginners in my answers. A master at this stuff I am not but I am still learning.

I imagine there are a bunch of members like me here, I like this stuff, I study this stuff, I watch building videos until I am blue in the face trying to pick up on that one little hint on how to do things better. When Mr. Jim puts out a new Kibler video I am right on it, lots of good info to learn whether I am building a Kibler kit or not.

I like to research things, for me it is like a treasure hunt to find that hidden gem, bow building, gun building and after an incompetent doctor killed my wife I have been into medical research and I am very good at it.

Thanks Dave, these kinds of sad people always surface in any discussion, they have never met me, interacted with me and have probably never read one of my posts. I wonder if they would spew the same toxic drivel if you talked to them in person, probably not.

Dave and I live close to each other and are good friends, Dave is the kind of guy who can do anything and I mean anything. He is the most well-versed skilled individual that I know.

Last edited:
For you folk out there asking, I am done, enough already, ask your questions on the forum. Another thing, about half the people who ask the questions never say a word of thanks after I give them a very detailed answer with pictures.
Eric I understand your feelings and people should ask there questions on the forum so others have the benefit of the information given. One of the problems with that is some of the info you get back may not the best and that's why they ask you. They should just filter out what is not good info and take the rest. After a while you figure out the guys that know what there talking about, and your one. There are many other and it's always good to have more than one opinion, more than one way to skin a cat. So asking on the forum is the way to go, it's what I do and I do thank the guys for there advice it's just common courtesy which is lacking in todays world.
Phil

If I post a "how to" answer on the forum it is in great detail complete with pictures, nothing left out, I don't need to backtrack and add more details. Remember, I am not an experienced builder and cater to beginners in my answers. A master at this stuff I am not but I m a still learning.

I imagine there are a bunch of members like me here, I like this stuff, I study this stuff, I watch building videos until I am blue in the face trying to pick up on that one little hint on how to do things better. When Mr. Jim puts out a new Kibler video I am right on it, lots of good info to learn whether I am building a Kibler kit or not.

I like to research things, for me it is like a treasure hunt to find that hidden gem, bow building, gun building and after an incompetent doctor killed my wife I have been into medical research and I a very good at it.
Eric, I believe there’s a way to block all PMs in your personal preferences section. I’m sure a Mod could help you out with that.

Eric, I believe there’s a way to block all PMs in your personal preferences section. I’m sure a Mod could help you out with that.
If you want to block PM's...

Click on your icon at the top right...click on account details...click on privacy...scroll down to 'allow users to'...click the start conversations with you...select nobody...click Save.

Most questions that get asked have been hashed and rehashed repeatedly here and on other forums over the years. Some people just need to become one with their Google-fu.

The reason you see so many variations on the "how to" stuff is a lot of people post something they read or heard about, not something they actually did. A lot of people like to complicate the processes, I like to simplify them.

If a topic comes up that I have hands on experience with and pictures to prove it, I will speak up, if not, I keep my mouth shut. I may offer an opinion but will state up front that this is an opinion and is not based on any actual experience.

Eric, how do I put in those wee little pin thingies that hold the thimbles and the barrel to the stock. Can they be put in upside down? Is sheep lanolin a good lubricant? And I hit one pin too hard, and the 32-oz hammer I was using made a dent in the stock - can I fill the dent with Bondo? I will be forever in your debt for an answer!

Just kidding, my friend - enjoy the day, and all those that follow. You ARE a champ at our craft.

Eric, was being a bit facetious. And yeah, I've seen a good bit of JB Weld repairs. I try to ignore them unless it's on one of those plastic stocked things. Glad you have a good sense of humor.

Reactions: TDM
Thanks Eric, for the kind words. Just keep in mind that I am a student of much and a master of little. Too many things I enjoy doing but so little time to pursue them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back