• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Project finds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So last weekend I was on my own checking out local garage and estate sale as my wife was with our daughter looking for baby stuff (new grandson coming in August). well this is what I found. Through the forums I think this is what I have found.
At the top is a CVA Colonial flintlock. I believe it is .45 as I had to use a bullet puller to dislodge a RB from it and the ball appears to be at least a 451. There was zero powder in it and just looked like someone rammed a ball down it. The lock works and after I dressed the flint it made a good spark.
Next is a "1851 OLD MODEL .36 CALIBER NAVY REVOLVER" as stamped on the top of the barrel. Stamp indicates it was made in 1979. It also has an "R" stamped on top of an "R" with ITALY on the grip. I don't know who made it but it has a lot of engraving.
The next two are ARMI SAN PAOLO Model 1860 Army .44 cal. made in 1982. Kind of night and day as one in blued and one is not.
All the revolvers are missing a screw ( mainly the wedge screws) and the blued 1860 is missing its loading leaver latch. I found replacements for everything, screws fit and the latch will after some fitting. Timing is great , nothing is locked up and everything appears to be in good shape other than some surface rust. No wear on the cylinders. The best part is my wife was not upset with the $200 I spent.
For now I'm going to stop the rust and when I have time do a detailed clean up and get them ready to throw some lead down range!
stan find.jpg
cva colonial.jpg
1851old 363.jpg
1851 36 1.jpg
1860 blue.jpg
1860 rust.jpg

Back