• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA flintlock season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can camp on state forest land. Just check with the district office to find out what requirements they have. Sometimes if you’re camping alone in one place for just one or two nights, no permit is needed.

Yeah, a little.
I checked the cost of flights from Hartford, Boston, or New York a few months ago. Insane. Just getting here will cost you a king's ramsom.

I've been building points in wyoming for a few years and I'm budgeting $2000 in flights for that trip.

Our season is still in swing, but I have contracted covid, so I'm stuck at home.
I hope your symptoms are minor! Be well!

My entire family had covid over Christmas. Me, my three kids, and my six grandkids. But we are getting together this weekend for our Christmas.

And from there, I am headed straight over to our camp in Pa. for flintlock hunting.

This Pa. rifle season was just bizarre! I hunted for two weeks and had fresh snow for many of those days, four others joined me for the second week. We would see clear evidence of overnight deer movement but could not find a deer during the day. We hunt in Elk county which is big and desolate. We tried long walks deep in the woods. We tried putting on drives. We tried driving around trying to spot a deer in hopes of formulating a plan to get it. In all that hunting, we got 3 deer!

Last Saturday, in flintlock season, we saw numerous deer in places where they should be but nothing in range/legal.

Where I live most of the deer went to night time movement. Guess I'd do the same if I'm being shot at for 3 months!

You can camp on state forest land. Just check with the district office to find out what requirements they have. Sometimes if you’re camping alone in one place for just one or two nights, no permit is needed.
There are a lot of great camping areas in the national forest, and it's free. There are national parks where you can camp on the honor sytem and pay a few bucks a night, they have hot showers. I can only speak for the far western edge of the forest in Elk and Forest Counties but I am sure it's the same throughout the national forest.

Last year, we were driving back a long dead end road that requires 4x4. We were looking to see if we could find a new spot to hunt. We came on a huge trailer, set up in the woods, with a tent outhouse, a tarped in table with a firepit strategically positioned close by. I was so jealous!

Well Saturday I was finally able to connect with one down in 2B. It was cold enough that they weren’t moving, and I had to find and stalk them. First couple groups of does busted me, but this one was younger and stupider.

50 yard shot up the chest. She went about 75 yards before piling up.

Attachments

• 93031976-5207-400D-9913-1D1BD80CED36.jpeg
    93031976-5207-400D-9913-1D1BD80CED36.jpeg
    310.9 KB · Views: 22
Back