• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Fusil de Chasse in action

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A great day at Camp Raven Knob today. Among many other actiities, I demonstrated shooting some flintlocks to the Scouts and leaders. Here's a little clip of me shooting my Fusil de Chasse.
I like the vortex ring coming out the touch hole, and the sound of the ball striking the metal target.

Last edited:
Watching this again reminds that a lifetime ago -- 50 plus years -- there was an active blackpowder program at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. I wonder if it still exists.
It’s always a great time at Camp Raven Knob teaching the Scouts. They learn so quickly and eagerly.

Thanks Path

Thinking back, I was only in my 20's. My friend (and mentor) just turned around 40. I used a custom Verner style flintlock long rifle with an early Siler lock and a Douglas barrel. My buddy used a custom Hawken (forget which lock) and a custom Bill Large barrel. We would reload (light loads) and let the boys take turns shooting. We also demonstrated tomahawk and knife throwing (H&B Forge items) and let the Scouts take turns. I remember they were just thrilled. We too were dressed in period attire. Your Post just jogged my memory. Thanks.

Rick

A great day at Camp Raven Knob today. Among many other actiities, I demonstrated shooting some flintlocks to the Scouts and leaders. Here's a little clip of me shooting my Fusil de Chasse.
I like the vortex ring coming out the touch hole, and the sound of the ball striking the metal target.

What load do you use in your fdc.

Latest posts

Back