• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Minnesota Doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I shot this adult doe this morning around 7:45 on the second day of the Minnesota Muzzzeloader season. I shot her with a custom built .58 English Rifle Flintlock with roundball patched with .015 greased patch sitting on top of a 28 gauge lubed wad and 130 grains Goex 2f. The ball passed through the doe at 20 yards. She ran about 150 yards where she laid as the picture shows.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3856.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3856.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 5
Nice doe! Would love to see better pic of rifle!
Here you go. Built by John Donelson in 1999 with a 32" swamped Goetz barrel with a 1/96 twist. It was originally built with the intent of being a elk rifle. It takes the heavy loads with out a hiccup.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3859.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3859.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3860.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3860.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3861.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3861.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3863.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3863.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3864.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3864.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3865.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3865.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 0
I've gotten 2 nice fat does so far up here in the NW corner of the state the first opening night about 125 yards out she went about 15 yards into the woods. The second was last night at about 85 yards DRT ( dead right there )I mussed have pulled the shot or she twisted just as I let the shot off cause I got her in the neck instead of through the boiler room, I was aiming for the front edge of the near side leg going for the back edge of the far side leg as she was quartering away from me. the reason for no pics is old eyes demand the use of a scope to see anything after 4:30 or before 7:30 and if I didn't use one I'd never even see a deer much less shoot one! The kids say that we have enough meat for sausage, and backstraps so now we're only horn hunting. my unmentionable is a Austin & Halleck 420 and the maple stock has enough tiger stripe and fiddle back in it to make any long rifle proud.

Back