• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE LOT: Thompson Center New Englander 12ga AND .54 Barrel with Goodies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzeSky

32 Cal
Reaction score
Up for sale is a real rarity. Thompson Center New Englander with 12 gauge cylinder bore barrel installed and what looks like aftermarket stainless nipple. Very good condition. Factory ramrod. Comes with canvas case. Bluing is about 80% and the stock has some small dings and scratches. The bore is shiny and full of life, very well taken care of. From my experience, equal measure #6 shot and FFG powder (between 1 oz to 1 1/4 oz) with one or two 1/16" thick cardboard wads and it patterns beautifully, ideal for squirrels, pheasants, etc.

The hammer has some wear from what looks like repeated dry-firing. The blast shield for the nipple has similar-looking wear. This occurred prior to my ownership. None of this affects mechanics whatsoever, just cosmetics. Springs, etc. are all tight and true. If it bothers you then you can replace both the hammer and the blast shield for around $100 elsewhere. There is a sort of browning or patina on the outside of the 12ga barrel, again purely cosmetic and very unique, makes it a one of a kind.

Also comes with a .54 barrel with its own leather case. I believe it is 1:48 twist. Rifling is very crisp and I did not shoot it while it was in my possession. This barrel does have some evidence of light rust flecks on the outside but nothing active, bluing still has lots of life.

Last but not least, various bits of gear, leather, and horn to get shooting. A leather possibles bag, shot pouch, powder horn, shot measure, and nipple wrench. Everything but powder, caps, and wads and you're ready to roll.

Asking $1100.00 + shipping for this whole lot. Money order or check. Will offer a discount for in-person purchases if you are willing to meet within 3 hours of Sacramento, CA. PM me for details or if you want more photos, etc. Selling as a lot only, will not sell individual items. Thank you and have a blessed Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg