• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Let's give this a try - Firelock Hunting Society

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm not sure how Stumpkiller wanted to run this idea from 2006, but I'm game, How about you guys and gals?

Posted: Jan 20, 2006
  • Firelock Hunting Society
    The purpose of the Society is simply to offer you the chance to share your thrill of the hunt and joy of the prize among your appreciative peers. Your name will be temporarily registered in a place of high honor in the great nebulous ether of the World Wide Web until such time as the old files are overwritten.....

Best regards, Stumpkiller
This could be an interesting subject to get involved in. :) hope I didn't step on anyones toes.

See this link for suggestion on how this will work: https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/firelock-hunting-society.17062/.

A Few Hunt Pictures For BUFFALO.

buff11.jpg
buff13.jpg

Jack Gardner and Freddie Harrison - 1st hunt.
Both of them shot this animal then stood there, I'm screaming at them to reload. The animal is turning around and will be in your face shortly.

buff5.jpg

This ranch has only a few fences on 21 sections of ground with 75 buffalo roaming all over.
Two of us crawled down to the cottonwood trees without them knowing we were there.

buff3.jpg

My first shot was at 65 yards in the front shoulder - then he was coming to kick my butt.
Lucky I had an extra rifled muzzleloader to finish the job at a close distance.

buff17.jpg
Buffmeat.jpg

This was my 4th hunt using a NW Trade gun.
Trade Gun by GRRW by Carl Walker. My first shot was at 65 yards in the front shoulder - then he was coming to kick my butt, lucky I had an extra rifled muzzleloader to finish the job. You hit them and they will try and return the favor.

buff1.jpg
buff10.jpg

This was my 7th hunt again using a NW Trade gun.
I hit him at 80 yards and he went down, I walked up to him at 20 yards and he got back up and I had to hit him again. This time he stayed down, these are tough animals to keep on the ground.

buff18.jpg

Typical hunting camp, nice to have a fire inside at night.
Part #1​

Attachments

• buff10.jpg
    buff10.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 46
A Few Hunt Pictures For BUFFALO. Part #2

buff9.jpg

This hunt I killed two animals (one mind and the other
the shooter couldn't keep the animal on the ground).

buffhu12.jpg
sharps2.jpg

Here we are using 1874 Sharp rifles loaded with black powder
and 10% modern powder. Nice duplex load.

hook3.jpg

My friend has one arm missing but still hunts.
"Hook" knocked this animal down with one shot.
I need to gather more pictures of other hunts besides buffalo. Have some good pictures of Rocky Mountain Sheep, a Rocky Mountain Goat, lots of mule deer, elk, coyotes, fox, etc. all taken with a smooth bore muzzleloader.

Latest posts

Back