• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify what I have

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Sanderson

32 Cal
Reaction score
I. Need some help identifying a couple black powder pistols and a black powder derringer They were give to my daughter when she helped clear out a harders estate. One looks like a kit pistol, I have one similar that was my late father--in -law, the other is a Connecticut Valley Arms 50 cal Hawkins. Made in Spain. The derringers only markings is "Made in Italy. My daughters only interest is to sell them for what they may be worth & I really don't have a need for them. I'll try to include a picture
Thanks for any help and allowing me to post

Attachments

• 20230708_201306.jpg
    20230708_201306.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
I. Need some help identifying a couple black powder pistols and a black powder derringer They were give to my daughter when she helped clear out a harders estate. One looks like a kit pistol, I have one similar that was my late father--in -law, the other is a Connecticut Valley Arms 50 cal Hawkins. Made in Spain. The derringers only markings is "Made in Italy. My daughters only interest is to sell them for what they may be worth & I really don't have a need for them. I'll try to include a picture
Thanks for any help and allowing me to post
The bottom one is a CVA Hawken. Caliber should be stamped on the barrel.

The middle one is a CVA, Jukar, or Dikar Colonial model flintlock in .45 caliber.

The top derringer is a CVA vest pocket derringer in .31 caliber.

Last edited:
The bottom one is a CVA Hawken. Caliber should be stamped on the barrel.

The middle one is a CVA, Jukar, or Dikar Colonial model flintlock in .45 caliber.

The top derringer is a CVA vest pocket derringer in .31 caliber.
Thank you

Latest posts

Back