• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy, hello and apologies for my delayed introduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined this awesome band of brothers (and sisters) in July but neglected to introduce myself (How rude is that?). Anyway, be here now. I'm Fred from midcoast Maine. I bought my present house from the estate of my childhood hero, Jack (a gunner, blacksmith, silversmith, woodworker and all round great guy). His brother was supposed to leave the short land pattern Brown Bess hanging on the attic wall but forgot. So I bought a Pedersoli Charleville this summer and decided to give it a try. Then I joined this motley band of aficionados and never looked back. In addition to my musket, I have several percussion Colt clones and family treasures from the late 1800's through the late 1980's. In my opinion, steel, walnut, maple and brass make guns, not plastic, polymers, and Polly-wants-a-crackers.
Check the house for loose floorboards or hidden nooks and crannies! ;)

Check the house for loose floorboards or hidden nooks and crannies! ;)
Way ahead of ya! Lots of Lydia Pinkham's Pink Pills for Pale People, snake oil tonic bottles and a pair of teeny tiny homemade shoes for a toddler as well as a box of cigars and a ton and a half of rat poo;). But Jack also left hidden (for me?) several wrought iron gargoyle heads and dragon heads. Life is an adventure! (I still refer to this as "Jack's House". Oh yeah, almost forgot six shoe buckles but none matching!

Greetings from South Carolina. And WTH is a Polly-Wants-a-Cracker?
I dunno, polyester, polystyrene, polysaccharide, polydactyl, polycarbonate, polyvinyl, polygasoline or Polly-wants-a-cracker. None of these things belong in a fine firearm. So there! ;) Dats all I'm sayin' 'cause it's only my opinion.

Back