• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help needed! URGENT!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gulielmus Smith said:
This one is a bit tougher. I went through my books and found some good matches. Germanic/Prussian,Austrian artillery carbines dating apx. 1770-1790. The cock is a replacement (note: small pawl directly in back of the cock) that acted as a catch like a doglock. The cock that's on there now not only looks out of place but has no cut out for that pawl to engage. Interestingly, some 18th century Spanish military pieces are fit with this extra pawl/catch and share similarities with the mystery musket. However, they were mounted in brass. Hope that helps. GS

on a closer look, the above red marked statement is not quite right. i have tried to get a better pic and i do hope the cut on the rear of the hammer could be seen quite well.

lockn.jpg

ike

I agree. The detent on the cock for a dog lock would be much higher on the cock...about the 9-10 o'clock position when cocked....and more pronounced.

Usually the cocks on dog locks are flat faced also. In fact I don't recall seeing one with a round face hammer....I'm sure there's one out there though. :hmm: Martial arms aren't my area, typically.

Enjoy, J.D.

OK, today the auktion ended.
the mystery musket sold for 751.00€ which is close to 900.00US$

too much for me for an unidentified musket, with a "maybe end of 1700ths".

thank you all for your suggestions.

ike

Latest posts

Back