• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green mtn Barrel recall -T/C drop in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this on the bottom of Green Mountain Barrel web site; copy and paste;

"Product Recall Notice Green Mountain needs to do a precautionary recall on some of our Thompson Center drop-in barrels. If you have a barrel in the following Serial Number range 026220-027303 please contact Kerry Smith at (603) 447-1095 x18 to make arrangements to have your barrel returned for inspection. Thank you and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

I don't know what it's about, but it's there and current today 11/18/09. Had mine 3 years? It's a serial 029xxx. My was a helicoil factory repair job that I sent back and had re-breeched by them for free, they even paid shipping both ways.
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
That recall was about a number of barrels escaping the factory with metric nipples threaded into the standard 1/4 x 28 nipple seats. I bought one of those barrels for my .54 Renegade and noticed the problem when cleaning the gun after my first shoot with the new barrel. The metric nipple would screw in easily and feel "almost right", but had a slight "wobble" until the last quarter turn to tighten it. The threads in the nipple seat were not damaged and I just replaced the nipple and called Kerry to report the problem and gave her the serial number of my barrel. It must have taken a number of such reports to get them excited because the recall notice didn't happen until about two months after I reported mine.

My new barrel is in the number range. I called them and they said if it was just shipped (and it was) it was taken care of. I guess mine is ok. Ron

I sent my .32 cal back a few months ago,It was gone for about 5 or 6 weeks. The recall has been going on for a few months now.

Back