• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Graf & Sons has free Hazmat and free shipping now on black powder.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why sometimes when you buy things on the internet you are charged a sales tax and sometimes you are not? My little companion super I ordered had no sales tax which was good because it was over 300.
I don’t know about your home state but at income tax time my state tax forms asks essentially if you did on line shopping and paid your state tax? If not you are supposed to pay that tax. I also heard some type of law was passed that mandates state taxes be collected. I know the first reply i made is valid not sure about the second. I can see states like Florida and NH along with others that have no sales tax not collecting any unless they sell up for it this bnis where the 87000 new irs agents will come in 😝.

If they can throw in the FREE Haz Mat, you know the prices are jacked up to cover that cost. :oops:
They ain't giving ANYTHING away.
This right here. That's why I like TOTW or Travelers for BP. They both end up cheaper than all the others when you buy 25#. Of course that's if you can afford 25# at a time.

I just bought 2 lb from powder valley. Both were Swiss and after the $20 hazmat and taxes and shipping and everything else... That was 112 bucks.

I wish I would have seen this first but looking at grafs it also appears that they have a minimum of four or five pounds. Which is far more than I will ever need.

The best thing about powder valley is no minimum purchase
$112 for 2 pounds????
I got 6 pounds for just $48 more (includes tax, haz, and ship)....I bet you will need powder before I will.

I wonder why sometimes when you buy things on the internet you are charged a sales tax and sometimes you are not? My little companion super I ordered had no sales tax which was good because it was over 300.
Sales tax on the Internet is a mixed bag. YEARS AGO it was ordered (maybe Bush years or maybe Obama's) that YOU declare All your Internet purchases and pay taxes, it was to be an 'honor system'. But of course how many honest people are out there when it comes to taxes?
So they turned back to the Sellers; many now charge the tax, they are supposed to charge based on Your zip code. Many small shops still squeeze by but most of your big box shops (and large scale Distributors) now will charge you.
Some however just raised their prices to where the 'tax' is included so you don't see it, but they deal with it on their annual taxes.

Can I bet you will reveal your source?
Spill the beans....
Graf&Sons, same place this thread has been talking about.

I have ordered from Graf&Sons, Powder Valley, and Buffalo Arms all in the past; just depends on who has the best deal at the time. But ordering just one or two pounds is Never a 'deal', $50/lb is what that Scalpers sell it for at Gun Shows these days.

Latest posts

Back