• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR ideas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardykev

36 Cal.
Reaction score
While waiting on my kit to come back from Lyman, I am trying to think of ideas for finishing the rifle.

Has anyone looked at doing some of the furniture in bright polished metal (silver) as opposed to polished blued metal?

I was thinking of the nose cap and the wedge pin plates.

Thoughts?

You will find that a rifle finished "In the White" is easier to keep up with than a brown or blued one. You need to polish it down really good, then just keep it oiled or greased. If you get a spot come up you just take a lil 600 grit paper & rub it & it is gone & shiney again.
I have built them in the whiote & have 2 that way myself & they are no problem.

However, if I were to do a GPR, I would do it in brown as I think it is appropriate for the style the rifle.

Back