• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex Back in Stock!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have a few pounds of older Goex (pre-shutdown). During the last couple years I’ve stocked up on about 25 lbs of schuetzen in different granulations. Been using it with good success. I’m curiously waiting to see what people are going to be saying about the “new” goex. We are all judgmental so I’m just waiting on the posts of “it works exactly the same as before”, or the “they’ve change it and it’s junk”. It might be the same formula, same processing and same packaging but there will be some of us that will find it different whether it psychologically or factually.

mail

$28 a pound vs. $23 for Schuetzen vs. $34 for Swiss. Not sure what others are selling it for but these are Powder Valley prices.

I'll be sticking with Scheutzen, stocked up on it and have had no issues.

I was using 3f swiss in my 50 cal flintlock, went to 2f swiss and like it better, changed to 2f goex and liked it so much I bought a second pound. Bought a pound of 3f Goex to try in my 40 cal as soon as I finish the pound of 3f swiss I'm working on. Price was not a consideration, just liked it better.
Phil

Last edited:
I just broke into my Scheutzen for the first time at our last club shoot; I was getting a rather noticeable delay between pan and main charge - I have never had that before with old Goex, OE, or Swiss (was using Goex 4f in the pan).

I still have plenty of Goex (a couple cans, rest in bottles) as well as a few lbs of OE and some Swiss; but I will work some more with the Scheutzen once the snow let's me back out; maybe just a fluke?

But even with the delay I still was hitting the target (group? Don't know, was shooting off hand at steel)

But $28/lb !?
My order will be whatever I can get the best deal on, Made in America or not it all comes down to $$$ in today's economy. Powder in the gun and Food on the table with a little left over to get out and shoot.

It all Goes BOOM.

Goex is now back in stock, and they are not trying to rob us!
This I can not confirm BUT apparently Goex I has a contract coming for propulsion powder for the 155 howitzer. Apparently it is a true black powder and they are the supplier. Problem is capacity. I understand he Feds are giving them 14 millions for plant upgrades. You can bet they will be wanting 100% of production. I already have a couple of overpriced pounds on hand. After the wars are over and magazines full it will be cheap and plentiful again.
Can anyone confirm what I am hearing?

$28/lb??

Not trying to rob us, eh?

Just a few short years ago Goex was $16.99 per pound from Graf’s. I’ve still got 10 lbs in an unopened case from that period. Significantly more of others from Swiss to Scheutzen etc.

Glad to have it. Once it’s all burned up I’ll imagine black powder will be $50/lb if we’re even still allowed to buy it.

After the wars are over and magazines full it will be cheap and plentiful again.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. 😞
— Attributed to Plato

The Goex plant is about 30 miles from the farm. Pretty sure that they’d get excited if I went to work there and tried to Johnny Cash some lunch pails out. So, am just glad that we’re having another source up & running. Still would be nice if I could get some floor sweeping for a Coehorn mortar.

I bought my first can of powder for$2, guess they have been robbing me ever since.

I bought GOEX for $20/lb. before the crisis and it's $28 now. If I shoot 5 lbs. per year it will cost me $40 more than it used to. I can live with that and will worry more about the rising cost of groceries, gas, heating oil, etc. Those increases will cost me in this year far more than the $40. My wife and I ate at McDonalds while on a long trip to town and it cost us $20 and we ate in the car. "Change back from your dollar"? The burgers were $.15 and drinks were $.10 at one time. Maybe I should find a consumer group or an attorney general to investigate.

Shooting is a relatively inexpensive hobby, compare 4 hours at the range with 4 hours at your favorite watering hole. :)

I'm fixin to put in another order for powder I may grab some Goex just because I'm happy to see them back up and running. I've been buying Grafs for quite a while due to the price. It works pretty good to me. Between the cap locks, single shot pistols, cap and ball revolvers, and unmentionable black powder loads, I go through it pretty fast.

Back