• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD FS/T Thompson Center Hawken 50 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonym

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently received a Thompson Center Hawken in a trade that is surplus to my needs. It is in good, used condition. I have not personally used this rifle. Noted flaws or non-stock features are as follows:

- bore has a rough spot about the last 1”- 2” of the barrel (muzzle end). It is shallow and should not affect accuracy for a hunting rifle. Remainder of the bore looks clean and shiny.My light is too big to show a good picture though.
- a small area just behind the tang (wrist) had chipped and the previous owner has glued it back in place. It doesn’t appear to have been from abuse and should not really affect the integrity of the stock. The edges can be seen/felt where it was repaired.
- previous owner must have used a cleaner incorrectly and areas of bluing are thin/missing. No corrosion. One small spot is visible on the flat of one side. The rest is on the bottom and covered by the stock.
- original ramrod is missing and a fiberglass “unbreakable” rod is in its place.
- patch box is difficult to open with a fingernail. A small screwdriver opens it fine though.
- number 11 nipple has been replaced by a musket cap nipple.
- has minor handling marks and thin bluing from general use. Lock has lost most of its case hardening look.

I have been pretty particular about the condition of this rifle so the buyer knows what is being sold. I would like to think the item received is considered better than described, but at least no surprises.

I am asking $400 plus the ride. If buyer is around southern Indiana, I am fine with a face-to-face sale.

I would consider separating the stock (minus lock and trigger) and barrel for individual sale if it doesn’t sell complete, and would consider trades involving a stock with a 1-inch barrel channel for a T/C barrel (set trigger Renegade or 54 Hawken).
Thanks!

1C07A159-75E8-491F-B0E8-3E4D05DFF9AA.jpeg647E237C-DFED-4651-AD5F-A3DEC760952C.jpeg06BEE012-9ECC-4228-90F3-6F2E92049F47.jpegFE3273C3-23AB-4CFE-BDE6-327CF57A029B.jpeg42F28D9D-C7C9-4C9A-BEAB-E6CBB426918C.jpeg14E302F3-01B1-4601-8711-71ED2D558AB8.jpeg4C84A5E1-484F-4031-BE2E-C2C59456A9ED.jpeg07B69041-5BCD-4BFA-A608-87E1076CC831.jpeg7773698B-635C-408C-97A8-3C8FEAEE23B8.jpegBD20E407-240D-4BF6-B106-A2DB136DC4BA.jpeg

Would you consider trading the hawken stock for a renegade stock?

Fell through, so back to the front. I did touch up the bluing and it looks really good now. Needing to outfit a 1” barrel, so would consider trades to get me closer to that end. Thank you.

Responded. Shipping now included in the asking price.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back