• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol ownership in Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been Men shot before having been mistaken for a Bear in a tree.
Yes,Like you....on to better things.. :hatsoff:

Thanks guys for all this - I've been away so have only just caught up. This situation is more than a little depressing it seems, as far as handguns go, and I think I'll have to give it a pass and stick to long guns.

But I agree with Halftail's various points. And as far as muzzleloading flintlock long guns goes, Canada is still gloriously free of paperwork - I can buy or build a gun, buy ball and powder (which is classified as an explosive, not as 'ammunition'), and shoot target or varmint on my own land, without having to get a permit or register anything. The only restrictions where I live are imposed by the local county which does not allow recreational shooting on Sundays or from half hour before dawn to half hour after dusk. Pretty good if you ask me.

I'll agree Strider,
All in all it's not to bad.I can shoot here 365 days a year,daylight to Dark.It seems to that with the change in our Government the Firearms act is going to get better.Let's hope we have sense to keep Harper and Crowd in power long enough to undo Cretiens Mess.

Well ..
I have a dragoon...And my range is used by cops a plenty and I use the shotgun area.I dont know how big your planned "pistol" is supposed to be but it may still be considered a longarm.
"mine is 24"long, hardly a pistol by the firearms acts standard......

Big bore horse guns are kinda a grey zone. like those japenese matchlock carbine thingys :hmm: :hmm: :v :grin:

ya thats what im sayin, but non the less, stay legal. for most part they aint going to say much at range, but no one needs a power tripin police man should the ocasion arise.

Back