• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dirty Kentucky in Rainy Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
It’s another rainy day here in East Tennessee so I took the Traditions Kentucky up on the mountain and shot some more cardboard.

At 60 yards
BD882C23-DEA8-4859-B444-ED2D61EB2C2A.jpeg

Then at 75 yards
661D2ACB-A526-4063-9FAE-ED3214F1F7F2.jpeg

Thanks. I don’t pre-lube the patches. Just lube them as I use them, seems to work best for me. I’ve developed a loading method that produces good results, so I stick with that and try to be as consistent as possible shot to shot.

Thanks. I don’t pre-lube the patches. Just lube them as I use them, seems to work best for me. I’ve developed a loading method that produces good results, so I stick with that and try to be as consistent as possible shot to shot.
I've been thinking about trying that myself. Seems like less wasted mink oil.

Good shooting
I’m getting there, but I forgot to take my sandbags!😩. I’m gonna try to remember them next time because I’ve been trying different loads, components, and techniques and think I’ve got a combination that will work really well. Just gotta tweak the nut behind the stock some.

And, next time I’m gonna go back to a target with vertical and horizontal lines on it which is what I used to use for sighting in everything. It will give me a more definite point to line up the sights. The circle was just a fun experiment.

Speaking of sights, I like the sights on this gun much better than the sights on the Thompson Center Hawken or Renegade. I just can’t seem to get a consistent sight picture with those sights. But with the Traditions front blade and square rear notch I can. I’d like to change the Thompson Center sights to something like the Traditions has.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back