• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer sled

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just built this sled out of some scrap wood and a 55 gallon barrel. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test it on a deer yet. My thought is it would make the travel to the truck easier with or without snow. I've used a wheeled cart but I find them difficult on sloped terrain. What do you guys use when trucks and atv's are not allowed?

Attachments

• 20231228_152503.jpg
    20231228_152503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231228_152516.jpg
    20231228_152516.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231228_152541.jpg
    20231228_152541.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I just built this sled out of some scrap wood and a 55 gallon barrel. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test it on a deer yet. My thought is it would make the travel to the truck easier with or without snow. I've used a wheeled cart but I find them difficult on sloped terrain. What do you guys use when trucks and atv's are not allowed?
That should work fairly well in all but the worse, rocky terrain.

For bucks I drag them out by the antlers.

Does, I'm still using the same drag strap I've had for many years.

Elk were always quartered up and packed out.

It looks as if it would make a good 2-person toboggan in the winter. :thumb:

Looks fine. Rocks are your enemy; leaves/pine needles are your friend. I have used a cheap plastic sled made out of the same stuff as kiddie wading pools. Brothers and I used one of these to get a good-sized mulie buck down steep slopes and across a sage-choked basin in the basalt rimrock country in the Malheur Basin in far eastern Oregon. The sled was used up by the time we got to the rig, but it had been a godsend.

Back