• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA kentuckey hunter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having second thought about shooting this...those cracks are deep. Maybe wrapping the butt in wet rawhide?

Attachments

• 75283D7B-BD0B-4F8A-9BAB-66B23007ADB4.jpeg
    75283D7B-BD0B-4F8A-9BAB-66B23007ADB4.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • BBD37D5E-9531-43ED-9B21-956EE277CD20.jpeg
    BBD37D5E-9531-43ED-9B21-956EE277CD20.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Sorry to see those cracks in your stock, these are nice guns. Pretty much a perfect mix between a cva mt. rifle and kentucky.

I happen to have 2 of them, found 20 years apart, and believe it or not with sequential serial numbers.

One thing you might want to look out for is the ramrod underlug screws might be pushing into the barrel. Those dimples are from the screws. The one on the left my dad shot for years, it was very accurate. The first 2 screws poke in but its hard to see if the 3rd does. Not sure if there all like that or if it was a batch issue since mine are sequential numbers.
20240404_200459.jpg

Well, I did a horse trade for the rifle. Since I have no idea how to post pictures, here are a few details. 33 1/2 inch barrel. Two barrel wedges, they are spaced farther apart from my CVA mountain rifle. The comb of the stock is curved, a slight hump. Right where the spacer would be on the 2 piece Kentucky rifle, there is about a 2 inch wooden " nose cap". The brass side plate is stamped engraved. Barrel stamped Kentucky Hunter. No current range report available, as the sand bass are running, and turkey season opens tomorrow.
Wood nosecap on mine broke three times...too thin on the off side...replacing it with a brass cap from TOTW. So far...it looks ...ok...

Nose cap looks 'ok'. looks great at the range.it works...big cloud of grey smoke...oh yeah...black powder

Attachments

• 4427F1EC-2032-41D7-A994-74DAA590ED6A.jpeg
    4427F1EC-2032-41D7-A994-74DAA590ED6A.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back