• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Frontiersman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper43

32 Cal
Reaction score
Have a chance to buy a CVA Frontiersman percussion rifle 50 caliber in minty condition for what seems to be a good price but can’t find anything about this model. Can anyone provide some info on this model?

Thanks

Here are the photos of my new CVA FRONTIER 50 Cal. Bore light revealed a pristine barrel too. Previous owner told me he purchased this rifle in the mid-1980’s and has taken at five whitetails and one elk with it.

Very happy with this purchase!

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Awesome ! I have a Traditions "Springfield Hawken" that is basically the same thing but with a single trigger , different trigger guard and traditional sights. I love it, it's a track driver . Traditions makes the "Frontier" which is exactly like your CVA, which makes sense since they're both made in Spain by the same factory. I consider this style of "Hawken" to be like a trade gun or poor boy rifle, with their flat butt plate and lack of check rest and patch box. Has that no fills working mans feel to it.

You made a good move. I've always loved the old CVA guns. Bought my Frontier online in January. Stole it for $125 so I expected a fixer upper. Other than a little thin finish toward the end of the barrel she almost looks new. Great shooter. I hope you enjoy yours.

Good deal.
Back when CVA was still making sidelock rifles a lot of shooters dismissed their offerings. But CVA rifles are solid and tend to have really good barrels.

Now that they no longer make side locks these old work horse rifles are starting to show their value. If you find one in good shape with a decent price tag, scoop it up.

I have a couple CVA rifles and if I got a few hundred in parts I could complete 3 more. I really like CVA guns. So many parts are interchangeable with many different of their rifles and pistols. My main CVA shooter is cobbled together from 3 guns. Took the best parts from the various guns and made a real nice rifle.

That rifle will serve you for years and you can't beat that price. And if you break something on it, replacement parts will be around for some time to come.

my wife and all 5 of my kids had to build their own Frontier before they could go deer hunting. now my grand children are shooting those guns. my problem is that the son in law is anti anything that doesn't have a scope plastered to it and keeps telling the grand daughter that she can't hit and kill any thing with a 50 cal frontier so he went a bought her a package bolt action with a scope that is blurry at noon on a clear day and the gun is in 350 legend because of the light recoil. ........well I guess I should be happy that he's at least letting her hunt

Back