• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cheap shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out this afternoon in the woods, no charge. Fired 3 cylinders from 2 revolvers with homemade caps. Fired 10 shots with my homemade 12 gauge matchlock using non-branded powder, The matchlock was loaded with plastic wads and 5/8 marbles from Dollar Store. My target got lots of holes but I wouldn't have won any prizes. So, the caps were very inexpensive, the powder was likewise, the marbles, well, it was the Dollar Store, I did have to buy the 777 and balls for the revolvers. And, I had lots of fun. All is good. To top it off, I wore a T+ shirt in the sun.

Went out this afternoon in the woods, no charge. Fired 3 cylinders from 2 revolvers with homemade caps. Fired 10 shots with my homemade 12 gauge matchlock using non-branded powder, The matchlock was loaded with plastic wads and 5/8 marbles from Dollar Store. My target got lots of holes but I wouldn't have won any prizes. So, the caps were very inexpensive, the powder was likewise, the marbles, well, it was the Dollar Store, I did have to buy the 777 and balls for the revolvers. And, I had lots of fun. All is good. To top it off, I wore a T+ shirt in the sun.
I am envious of your afternoon!

Thats great ! Fun and on the cheap too !! I love shooting my flintlock trade gun ! So much fun and very little cost .... Homemade trade gun , homemade powder ( 5$ a pd. ) no caps and free lead ... All good and a big BOOM !! :)

Latest posts

Back