• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps ... where ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are y'all getting them ? #11 . Cant find em anywhere . Just starting out . Been to three walmarts and online .
Right NOW. Cabelas. Snooze and lose.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.png
    IMG_2401.png
    612.4 KB · Views: 0
Small town in NC pretty much encompasses a pretty large area. If you have either sportsman's warehouse, academy sports or cabelas nearby even if not locally stocked you can have them delivered from nearby stores

All the sites I've encountered advertizing " in stock " were scams . If you do find them and add to cart they list a minimum 150 dollars or more . Then the hazmat fees . When i posted this i didnt say they werent out there but alot has changed since i shot bp 25 years ago .to those who find them at walmart and bass pro my hats off to you

My cousin had one of those pump up rifles. When it got to stiff to pump, we laid it on ground and stood on it to get more pumps. Those were good times.
Yes some of the ones that you pump were pretty powerful I know it buried a BB in my hide and I had to dig it out with a pocket knife when I was young about 10-12 years old and I'm 59 now and still have the scar

I will say this, the prices are nuts, crazy, insane, and on top they want a hazmat charge. And Subway $5 footlong is now $14. And a Big Mac is $7.
Its the new normal. Its a hobby, pay to play. I see posts about I ain’t paying that. Then don’t.
Caps are out there, expensive hell ya. Want to know expensive? Buy a boat, airplane or horse. Ive had 2 of 3. This is cheap.
Its a hobby. Pay or don’t. Or make your own.

Graf and Sons had them in stock also when I looked yesterday and I know they are a legit website I have bought from them many times
Graf & Sons is good. Bought many a reloading supply from them over the years. They also catalogue their own black powder. Memory is shorting out now but it's either Swiss or Schuetzen. From time to time the color of the cap changes so maybe both depending on what deal they got on a resupply.

the correct CCI musket caps. When the order came the pricks sent me those stupid reenactor caps

Serious question here; what is a re-enactor cap? Whats the difference?
IMG_20231007_145028178.jpg

Was trying to get regular musket caps which now say multiple use on the lid. Received the reenactor caps even after a phone call. Mind this was nearly 2 years ago now. I've since begun switching over to flintlock and grab caplock stuff when I come across it which is getting increasingly rare in my local. Almost nobody carries or will touch black powder anymore after my state legalized center-fire rifles for deer season.

Yes sir different times and I have a scar on my side where my cousin shot me with BB gun and had to dig it out with a pocket knife because it was one of the pump up BB guns the more you pump the harder it shoots and he had it pumped to the max and it buried it in my hide because we were shooting our slingshots at each other with green cherries for ammo and I popped him in the head with one and he got mad and went in the house and got his BB gun and I was hiding behind a tree laughing at him and thought I was safe and he saw my side and shot me because he was mad because he had a red knot on his face where the green cherry hit him and we knew if we told our parents we both would both get our butts tore up from our parents and they thought we were just fighting again like usual
Glad he didn't have a .22 handy with a mad on like that !

Glad he didn't have a .22 handy with a mad on like that !
Yes and I was actually not trying to hit him in the head or face with my slingshot it was just a lucky shot on my part we were not close to each other and I was just shooting at the body and it popped him in the head

Back