• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bucksnort rendezvous 2023

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckyjed

.45, .50, .62 cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone going to the Bucksnort Rendezvous near Elizabethtown, KY?
I think it is September 22-24. Tried to look it up on their website but it seems that the webmaster is slow on any updates it shows 2016 and 2021 dates. i wish they would update thier webpage or pull it down.

Is anyone going to the Bucksnort Rendezvous near Elizabethtown, KY?
I think it is September 22-24. Tried to look it up on their website but it seems that the webmaster is slow on any updates it shows 2016 and 2021 dates. i wish they would update thier webpage or pull it down.
I live right by them and cannot get anyone to answer a phone or reply, and I don't have facebook so I can't find any information on it. I know they had a facebook page. If you find out any information please let me know.

Last edited:
I found it is still going on for those dates, I will try and get more information so other people that might be interested in the area can maybe try to make it.

I found it is still going on for those dates, I will try and get more information so other people that might be interested in the area can maybe try to make it.
I am really interested on the woods walk date specifically. Maybe we can meet up and shoot together.

The Kentucky state smoothbore championship is at 10am. The rifle shoot starts at noon a $20 minimum blanket prize. Both are on Sept 23rd.

OK heres information:
Bucksnort Longhunters
1620 Audubon Trace, Elizabethtown KY
Phone: 270-737-3849 (Mike)
September 22-24th 2023
Shooting starts at 9am and can shoot Friday or Saturday
Theres a Paper shoot, and a woods walk (separate events and aggregate)
Shoot any traditional gun of your choice flint/percussion/smoothbore no separate categories)
$15 fee to camp or shoot or both.
There is an optional blanket shoot for woods walk $25 minimum

20230910_073912.jpg
20230910_073930.jpg

A bit late but I thought I’d jump in here and introduce myself, I was there on Friday but had a prior obligation Saturday and Sunday. I live in Bonnieville. It was my first time attending anything like that and what little I did get to experience was really cool. I definitely want to go to more stuff like that. I’ve actually already started putting together clothes for me and my boy for next time. I’m a taxidermist and also tan hides. If either of y’all or anyone in the area wants to give me a holler my numbers 270-872-8723 and my names Jay.

Supposedly the club shoots at 5 o’clock on the second Sunday of every month, I forgot about October (this past Sunday), and second Sunday of next month will be opening weekend of deer season, so even if they do still have the shoot I won’t be able to go. But I do want to go in the future and meet more people and learn more etc as I’m really interest in getting into BP stuff more.

Welcome to the forum, I was camped at Bucksnort but was at the last site on the end. You can also check out Stump Bluff Militia in Edmonton, they have a monthly shoot , 4th Sunday of the month at 10am and a nice 35acre place with a log cabin. I do not do facebook but I think they have a facebook page.

Thanks for posting. I'd like to visit next year if age permits. It's only 5 hours from my place, so doable with early setup. Shame there is little closer to Cocke County, Tennessee (French Broad Rifles, NC is also on my visit list-90 minutes away). Feels like I'm moving to a rendezvous desert...but a beautiful desert it is!

Back